Users may limit internet access for wired and wireless devices through the Netgear extender SSID or Netgear_ext by enabling access schedule. This allows users to block internet access for a period that they choose. It is recommended that you browse through this page if you are interested in taking advantage of this fantastic function. In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step instructions that will assist you in activating the access schedule feature on your Netgear range extender.
How to Enable Netgear Extender Access Schedule?
Turn On the Netgear Extender
- Connect your Netgear range extender to a power source using the plug provided.
- Put pressure on the button labelled power.
- Please be patient and wait until the power LED becomes solid.
Connect the Extender to the Router
- Obtain a cable for an Ethernet network.
- You will need to connect one end of the Ethernet wire to the Netgear extender and the other end to the router in your house.
Visit the Mywifiext.net Web Page
Before trying to log in to your Netgear range extender using the default web address, be certain that your computer is accessing Netgear_ext SSID.
- Turn on your computer and log in.
- Launch an internet browser that meets your requirements.
- Simply put mywifiext net into the address bar of your browser to access the page.
- Make sure you press the Enter key.
- You will be transported to the official login page of your Netgear extender.
Perform Netgear Extender Login
- When asked, enter the admin username and password that came with the system.
- To sign in, click on the Log In option.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will present itself to you at some point.
Enable the Access Schedule Feature
- Simply choose the option to Do More.
- Choose the Access Schedule option.
- To access the schedule, press the button labelled Access On.
- You may choose the day and time you do not wish to have internet access.
- Click the Add Time button.
- Hit the Save button to continue.
- The modifications that you have made will take effect in a few seconds.
In this manner, you will be able to activate access schedule on your Netgear range extender in a straightforward manner. In case you come across any issues while doing so, refer to the hack given in the following section.
Can’t Enable Netgear Extender Access Schedule?
- Check the Power Supply
First things first, make sure that you check to see whether the wall socket that your Netgear wireless range extender is plugged into is providing it with an appropriate and stable source of power. If it isn’t, the problem can be caused by a wall socket that’s been destroyed. It is advised that you put your WiFi extender into a different wall socket so that you can troubleshoot the problem that you are having.
- Enter the Correct Admin Details
You must visit the new extender setup wizard to activate access schedule on your range extender. That way, you can plan out when people can get in. And if that is precisely what you are unable to accomplish, then it is likely because you have not provided the necessary admin information. Therefore, when requested, check that the admin username and password you entered are accurate and input them both. Consult the user manual if you are uncertain about any of these matters.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Last but not least, if the firmware on your Netgear extender is out of the current, you won’t be able to use its access scheduling function. Therefore, you should immediately upgrade the firmware of your device via the 192.168.1.250 IP address.
You must enable access schedule on your Netgear wireless range extender since this feature limits excessive usage of your internet connection.
We are certain that if you follow the hacks presented in this article, you will have no trouble configuring this feature on your device.