There are few things more frustrating than locking yourself out of your car. Whether you’ve locked your keys in the car or you’ve lost them entirely, it can be a real pain to get back in. While there are a few different ways that you can try to unlock your car door on your own, it’s always best to call a professional. A locksmith will have the tools and experience necessary to get you back into your car quickly and without damaging anything. In the meantime, here are a few tips on how to unlock a car door when you’ve locked yourself out.
Use a String to Unlock the Door
If you have locked your keys in the car, there is no need to call a locksmith or tow truck. You can easily unlock a car door with a string.
First, find something long and thin that can fit through the crack of the door, such as a wire hanger or shoelace. If you have a wire hanger, straighten it out so it is as straight as possible.
Next, insert the end of the hanger into the space between the door and the frame until you feel it touch the inside of the door. Then, wiggle the hanger until you feel it catch on the locking mechanism. Once the hanger is hooked onto the locking mechanism, pull up on it until you hear a click, indicating that the door is unlocked.
The best way to avoid locking yourself out of your car
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably locked yourself out of your car at least once in your life. It’s not a fun experience, but it is one that can be avoided if you take the proper precautions. Here are some tips on how to avoid locking yourself out of your car:
– Always have a spare key with you. This is by far the best way to avoid locking yourself out of your car. If you always have a spare key with you, you’ll never have to worry about being locked out.
– Be careful where you leave your keys. It’s easy to accidentally leave your keys somewhere and then not be able to find them when you need them. Make sure you know where your keys are at all times and that they’re not in an easy place to lose track of them.
– Keep your car locked. This may seem like common sense, but many people forget to lock their cars, especially if they’re just running into a store for a quick errand. Always lock your car, even if you’ll be gone for just a few minutes.
Contact Professional Locksmith
If you find yourself locked out of your car, don’t panic! There are a few things you can do to try and unlock the door yourself, but if those don’t work, you can always contact a professional locksmith.
If you have a spare key, try using that first. If not, see if there’s anything in the car that you can use to try and pick the lock (a paper clip or bobby pin might work). If all else fails, give a locksmith a call. They’ll be able to come out and unlock the door for you.
Tips for avoiding locked keys in the car in the future
- If you have a spare key, keep it in a safe place that you can access easily in case of an emergency.
- Make sure to always have your keys on you when you get in your car, and double check before locking the door.
- If possible, avoid hiding a spare key on or near your car.
- Keep your car key fob in a safe place at home so you don’t accidentally lock yourself out.
- If you think you might have locked your keys in the car, check all the doors and the trunk before calling for help.
If you’ve locked yourself out of your car, don’t panic! There are a few simple ways to unlock your car door without calling a locksmith. First, try using a spare key. If you have one, insert it into the lock and turn it. If that doesn’t work, you can use a wire hanger or a credit card to slide between the door and the frame to manually unlock the door. If those methods don’t work, call a locksmith or tow truck company for help.