First of all, a huge congratulations to any woman who have reached this miraculous milestone. The radiant glow on your face and hair, admiring your pregnant belly, being pampered and loads of attention. The upside is frequently noticed by the world but not the struggles on have to tackle on a daily basis. Regular washroom trips, sore foot, and a lot other problems. Little do people know that physiotherapy for pregnant women can work wonders. In this blog we will discuss all the problems that physiotherapy can cure safely and effectively.
1. Lower back problems
Eighth week onwards women start gaining weight as the fetus is trying its best to gain its size. Due to this the centre of the body moves forward further causing strain on lower back muscles to support the belly. The muscles in pectoral area tighten and weaken the alignment. As a matter of fact around two third of the women in the world experience lower back pains during their pregnancy phase. This is one of the prime reasons that a pregnant woman does not get good sleep. It also affects the quality of their lives. Physiotherapy for pregnant woman strengthens the muscles and endurance of the muscles especially for hip, abdomen and back muscles.
2. Improves bladder control
Perhaps the most frustrating part of pregnancy would be the frequent visits to the bathroom. Gestation weakens the pelvic floor muscles hence the lack of bladder control. Physiotherapy eases incontinence and strengthens pelvic floor muscles. Kegel exercises help better muscle functionality for a smoother birth experience with a condition that it is practiced from early pregnancy. Physiotherapy in Pregnant woman helps tremendously in reducing the risk of hemorrhoids and perineum swelling.
3. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
Hand or wrist weakness, vibrating hands, pin and needle like sensation in hands, hand numbness, pain I hands at night are all symptoms of carpel tunnel syndrome. During gestation your body goes through lot of changes. There is a massive rise in blood volume which results in nerves compression. The problem is the nerves in the wrist area are narrow to begin with so the circulation is restricted towards hands hence causing sharp pain. The root cause of the increased blood volume is rapid change in hormones. Physiotherapy for pregnant woman helps in pain management via effective exercises. Consider joining a joint and ligament program to eliminate the issue.
4. Easier Labor
Women are less active for their daily routine during their gestation period. Either, it is because of back pain, fatigue or extra attention by their loved ones. It is very important for a pregnant woman to stay active to avoid C-Section and easier delivery. Do consult a gynecologist before considering changes in your daily activities. Physiotherapy in Pregnant woman helps built strength and flexibility to induce the chances of a pleasant childbirth experience.
5. Previous Injuries
It is often witnessed that old pains sprout up during gestation period. The most common old injuries are perhaps slip disc and knee pains. These pains may even turn grave if ignored. Luckily with pioneered research, our therapists have the answers for your plea. Physiotherapy in Pregnant woman helps relieve of these old injuries.
Physiorevive brings you some tips on safe exercising during pregnancy.
- Be alert to dizziness- Post four months of pregnancy if you follow an exercising routine you may get nauseous or dizzy. It happens because the fetus pressures your blood vessels. If something like this happens, make sure to roll onto your left until symptoms subside
- Halt when required- Not everything is achieved by passion. Make sure to check for the conditions like; reduced baby movements, vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, loss of fluids. If god forbid such instance occurs contact your gynecologist immediately.
- How to check whether you are stressing hard? – Take a simple talk test. You should be able to talk in a full sentence if not so take a walk avoid jog or the best alternative is to rest.
- No upper abdominal Workouts- We need those muscles to lengthen than shorten for optimal growth of the baby. If abdominal separation has started, absolutely avoid sit-ups.
- Meditation/ breathing exercises- Going through the routine changes in pregnancy can be full of anxiety. Doing customized breathing exercises (diaphragmatic breathing) can help in reducing mental stress & getting good sleep.
- Let the body talk- All three trimesters have different challenges and your body will automatically tell you which body parts you need not stress.
Relish your exercise- Do the activities that you love with less strain to your body. It will not only keep your body happy but the mind too.
You deserve the best; Physiorevive is the best option for physiotherapy for pregnant woman. With more than 2 decades of extensive experience we aim to provide your body with the best care. We organize regular workshops since we feel obligated to educate the nation about physiotherapy and its formidable effects on one’s body. Contact us for a consultation and pave the way for an exemplary body.